Tuesday 5 March 2013

Dress Slimmer Series : The Long Jacket

This post is about so many of my 'loves', my love for makeovers, Oprah, designing and bandhani.

I have been a big fan of makeovers, the entire process, the excitement and anticipation before the big reveal, I just love it, its the best kind of entertainment for me.
A makeover to me isn't just about the new hairstyle and new clothes,  it is about the confidence and personality transformation that comes with it. It is like the birth of a whole new person, so fascinating and exciting to watch.
So today I want to share one of my favourite 'dress slimmer' tricks, which I picked up from one of my fav Oprah (love her too) makeovers.

Here is the before and after of that makeover..

dress slimmer makeover
Image Source : oprah.com

The long top, skims over the sides, creating a curtain like effect cutting the hips and legs into half  hence creating an illusion of a slimmer frame.
Here is my take on the trick..

dress slimmer bandhani jacket

The long jacket makes her look slimmer and taller.

dress slimmer bandhani jacket


dress slimmer bandhani jacket


dress slimmer bandhani jacket


dress slimmer bandhani jacket


dress slimmer bandhani jacket

           The jacket has been designed by me and stitched by my tailor, who is my lifeline :) 
Do let me know what you think about this 'slimming trick' and also do share your 'slimming tricks'  with me.
                 I am feeling a little lonely on TWITTER, do join me please :) 
                                 Also join in the fun on FACEBOOK.

26 comments:

  1. Love the post and this jacket is so fabulous..makes the look go a level up !

    Wrap dresses,V-necks,knee length,Maxi dresses are my absolute lifelines anytime.

    Hello Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the compliment and thanks for stopping by...gonna try some of ur recommendations too :)

      Delete
    2. Completely agree with all of the suggestions here:-)

      Delete
  2. It is a good idea I must say...

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it Abhi and the trick totally works :) where are you based at? I need to meet you as the first thing if you live in Delhi. Like I told you.. I may move there in a month or two..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abhi I like the outfit , but not a huge fan of the jacket. The model is slim already so lost the plot in the before photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. almost everyone wants to look slimmer than they are...this was just for demonstration :)
      though your comment has left my sister (the model) very very happy
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. very smart concept.. pairing of red bandhani jacket with all white is superb

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic post ! never thought long top like this can give slimmer illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your self designed jacket is super impressive Abhi!! I loved all the styling and accessories used and yes must mention that your sister is gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous jacket! well done!
    kisses from Spain,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  9. That jacket is gorgeous! It's amazing what a huge difference is made by something so simple! I need to go buy a long coat now haha! When I want to look slimmer, I wear black. ;)

    PS. Following you back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats totally fab Abhi . . I am so gonna cheat up this idea from you !!! I even like the fabric print so much !!

    http://healthybeamy.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for visiting my blog !! following you now !
      P.S. there seems to be some problem with your fb popup widget !!

      Delete

  11. Love the jacket combined with the accessories:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your styling of the jacket..and the red accessories..

    Thanks for the lovely comments. following u now!

    www.thetimesofmanyphases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty jacket, and you've expertly demonstrated the slimming effect. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up today! That long jacket is gorgeous and you look absolutely beautiful!!
    Sherry
    thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, this is definitely a must-follow trend - you look gorgeous! Blog Hopping from Two Thirty Five - have a fantastical weekend and don't forget to "Spring Ahead" an hour on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning look. As a vertically challenged lady I try to make sure I'm flashing ankles and wrists (very slimming), wear heels that shoe some skin or in the same tone as the bottom. Love the idea of slimming tricks - great title!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those jackets look stunning, they just make me look fat, I think you need to be tall to make then work

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous ! thanks fso much for linking up at frugal fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! This bandhini jacket is the love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these fusion indian looks. Wow. the jacket is beautiful. Makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10